Women's Mental Health
Be Aware Of Your Internal Signs
We all lead stressful lives. At some point, you have to slow down and take a step back. Whether you are worried about your kids or a little short on a bill or maybe your friend said something you did not like, there is always something to fret about in the daily life of a woman. Despite what is going on in our lives, we are expected to still meet our responsibilities and step up to our roles as mom, leader, confidant, guider, and coordinator. But what happens when you realize there is overload? How does a woman cope when the pressure is on max? One indicator of meeting my breaking point is a noticeable increase in anxiety. When I get nervous or start to become short tempered with those around me, those are my internal signs that I need to take a break - I need to step away. There are so many factors that happen beyond your control. I have lost my Father, then Mother, then Brother-in-law, then Sister, then another Sister. I know what being on the verge of mental breakdown feels like. Grief is no joke.
1. Talk to someone. Do not let negativity or what you are worrying about brew. It is so much easier to talk with a family member or close friend about your problem, than to let it snowball. If you are in a disagreement with a spouse or significant other - talk to them about it.
2. Pray! Rely on your Faith during your time of need. Some things you may not want to talk about with a person. Always take your worries to God for He alone is all powerful and can resolve it.
3. Spend time with yourself. Take a break when you need to. Go get your nails done or have some ice cream. You can also go on an overnight trip. Plan a mini vacation where you can relax and recover.
4. Seek professional help. There seems to be a stereotype that goes along with therapy, but you have to ignore it. Talking with a non-biased person confidentially can go a long way. Keep in mind, that most healthcare plans cover counseling services.
I hope this blog post helps you with whatever you are going through. Know that we all have good days and bad days - it's how you work through them that matters. Comment below with how you cope with life's punches. I would love to see what you do.
Be Blessed today and always, Carla
your environment matters
I've spent my whole life thinking of others and mostly, putting others' needs before my own. It was part of my upbringing, the culture of what I was learned to do. Don't get me wrong, taking care of others is not a curse; it is, in fact, rewarding on many levels. It is still instilled in me, but that priority has changed.
In 2016, I started my metamorphosis. It was not on purpose. I've always desired to own my own business, but I knew I could not afford to support my family if I quit my main job. Instead, I started growing my business on weekends and late nights. Many people will call it a "side hustle"; I now call it my expansion period. Having the ability to change your work habits to gain what you need in order to grow is HUGE!
WHY I DATE MYSELF On Social Media
Many coaches and trainers start their sessions by asking, "Who is your target audience?" Well, I know who my target audience of one is. It is ME. It's like I'm dating myself. I want my posts to represent the best parts of ME, so that if I want to go and see how BLESSED my life has been... I just click on my profile. I don't have to wait for the Facebook algorithm to show me a positive post. My digital journal of self reflection is easily accessible, so I can review and reflect on how I will be better the next day or moment. Others can also access this love story and be encouraged to build their own.
I love dating myself. Just like the saying, you are what you eat! You should filter what you allow yourself to be reminded of about you. Keeping your living space positive will keep positive people around you. A person's character is defined by what they allow into their lives. If you want to see a person's true character, look at the people they are closest too. How do they treat their mom or siblings or kids? How do they interact with their friends? Where do they hang out? What do they do in their spare time? I'm loving all that about myself!
These are simple observations... A few months ago, I remember seeing a list of questions in a magazine that every woman should ask a guy when dating them. I laughed, because I don't want to interview anyone. All you need to do is look at their interactions on social media or ask who is the most important person in their lives or even talk about what they did today. You will know if a person has a growth mindset or if they are stuck in the mud.
Growth is something that occurs once your tolerance level breaks. If a person is tolerating a mediocre level, their life will reflect that. They cannot change how they live overnight. There will be some evidence of who they really are reflected in what they allow in their surroundings.
In dating myself, I've found that I'm totally awesome. My self-confidence is high, I'm not afraid to be ME, and best of all - I KNOW HOW TO ENCOURAGE MYSELF WHEN I'M DOWN. I like to eat. I live an active life. I love my kids and my dog! Each time I review my page, I'm reminded of the people and things I love most! My life has its ups and downs, but I know that my ups will be greater than my downs. I'm not a perfect person - I don't want to be. I just make sure that whatever life throws my way, I will become a better person because of it!
WOW! My last post was back in January! Has it really been 6 months? Time literally flies. Well, you are probably wondering why a blogger disappeared from the scene for six whole months. Sometimes you have to try a few different things and work on yourself. During my "timeout" from blogging, I have realized three things in becoming the Best Me I can be. I hope they help you become the BEST YOU!
1. Give others space to grow.
2. Do not procrastinate.
3. Know your worth.
NOTE: All Clothing in this blog can be found on www.bestyoubyhts.com
#1 As a MOM - give your children space to grow.
#2 As a professional - do not procrastinate.
It was difficult coming back from my February vacation. I had tons of work to do to get caught up, but my mind and body were still in vacation mode. I became the ultimate procrastinator. If you know me, I like to get my work done by front loading my week so my Thursdays and Fridays can be low-scale chill days. Well, I fell off that bandwagon. I procrastinated most of the week and was working up to 8PM on Fridays to finish what I should have done already. It was stressful. I lost productivity in my week and sometimes had to work on the weekend to make it up. I fell like I was working all the time, but my workload was the same. As soon as I started managing my procrastination, I found time to work out and enjoy life. My week became less stressful and I wasn't working on weekends. To overcome procrastination, I created both a daily and weekly to-do list. For larger tasks, I spread them out over three days so I could get other things done. Planning was the key to healing me of my procrastination habit.
#3 As A woman - know your worth.
So this is my comeback to blogging. I'm so excited for the opportunity to share with you over the next few months some of the really cool things I have been working on. As always, keep working on being your Best YOU and I will too! STAY SAFE and be Blessed! ~ Carla
Everyone has had a Delivered-By-Grace moment. Check out this video blog and be sure to click and buy the items in this post. Special thanks to my family and friends... without God and what He does through you, I would be a grain of sand on a rocky shore... Much Love, Carla
Women's Small - XL Delivered by Grace Inspirational T-shirt
Plus size Delivered by Grace Inspirational Women's Plus Size T shirt
Time to Cash in
Here's how to grab on to this awesome financial challenge.
What you should do:
1. Know that carrying a balance on a credit card is not a good decision. However since one cannot predict or be prepared for every emergency, try to pay off any credit card balances as soon as possible. This plan does not work if you have balances, since interest rates will always be higher than the cash back percentage - That's just how the laws of the credit card industry works.
2. Know your limits. Swiping without thought or preparation is never a good idea. Use your credit card for everything, but treat it like cash. You must maintain a balance you can pay off every month. I send my payment on the 1st of each month so that I can feel like I'm starting the new month at $0.
3. Do not touch the cashback stash! Yes, you may earn $20 one month and $100 another, but never cash in until the end of the year. Let it build to enjoy your reward.
4. Review your options. I always use my balance as a statement credit, but there are also options like getting it as a check or buying gift items out of the rewards store. Either way, cash back bonuses provide extra cash to your budget.
I'm so excited! Let's see what kind of bonus 2020 brings!