DO IT YOURSELF:
Making quality pictures at home does not require a lot of money or special photography training. Setting up a home studio can happen in less than a week. Here are some tips to get you started on a great home photography adventure.
1. Use your cell phone. As you know, pictures taken by cell can look great with a little editing and proper lighting. There's no need to buy a fancy camera unless you want to start a photography business. Starting with your cell is a great way to experiment without adding to your cost.
2. Buy a lighting/studio kit. Bundle it! Check out which bundles are available before buying single items. Most studio kits come with two lights, stands, and a choice of backdrop cloths. The price of a kit is usually much cheaper than buying separate items.
3. Don't forget a stand for your cell phone. Some stands come with a bluetooth clicker that connects to your phone so you can take photos independently while you pose.
4. Be creative! Pick a great backdrop for product pictures. Add different backdrops as you grow your photography skills and your home studio.
5. Have fun! Like with anything new, there can be some frustrating times getting things set up and assembled. Remember to relax, use trial and error, and make it fun.
Tip: Make it pay for itself!
Once you are comfortable with using your studio, remember everything is portable. Try booking kids' birthday parties for a fee and work your way up to more formal parties or even weddings. The sky is the limit with your new studio. Take a risk!
**Get updates on my new blog posts. Sign up in the footer below!
Hello There! I'm Carla - mother, educator, and business owner. I have a blast exploring new ideas, products, and services. I love to share and hope to inspire you to do the same. Remember to enjoy life every day and always strive to be a BETTER YOU!